Thursday, November 13, 2008

Shopping day!!

I finally went grocery shopping without the husband.

For those who aren't married, and don't know how huge this is, it's really monumental. Just believe me on this.

Of course, me being, well... me, I have no clue what kitchen/cooking necessities I actually need outside of salt, pepper, oil, vinegar...flour, sugar...yeah, that's about it. So I went around aimlessly, trying to find stuff that wasn't perishable that I could keep at home and use later. We also needed fresh fruit and veggies, so that went too.

And $143.83 later (and that's commissary prices!! for those non-military folk reading this, it would cost probably...oh, at least $200-225 normally.), We have food!! Our cupboards are no longer (well.. mostly) bare!! Good thing, all this food should last us a while. Hopefully. I have to remember I'm feeding a man here, so we'll see how long it REALLY lasts.

I also gave in and picked up the prepackaged cookie mixes. In an attempt to make friends around this joint, I'm going to make cookies and give a dozen to each apartment in our little complex. I'm hoping to do that tomorrow, or monday at the latest.

Tomorrow-Sunday they're having a holiday bazaar here on post, so that will give me something to do. Sat. we're planning on going to Regensberg to the IKEA, and a couple shops around the IKEA to check out furniture. I at least want curtains/blinds/something to keep prying eyes away by the time he goes downrange...which I believe is do-able.

I'm tired... and started reading Twilight yet again until the other 2 books arrive, so I need to go obsess some more ;).

0 comments: